1 .USER CONSENT.
2. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT.
"Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We will collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, username, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network ("Account"), e.g., to comment on the blog or access customer support areas on our Site.
- When you post messages on the blog section of our Site, we will collect your username and password, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers, and other users will be able to see it. We retain information on your behalf, such as blogs, files, and other messages that you store using your Account.
- If you sign up to receive our newsletter or to apply to become a beta customer, we will collect your name and e-mail address.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as information about your IT environment, systems, datacenter locations, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for our products or services or access the customer support areas on our Site.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Like most Internet services, we automatically gather this information and store it in log files each time you visit our Site or access your Account on our network.
(c) Information Collected from You About Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party's names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at www.purestorage.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
5 .USE OF YOUR DATA
(a) General Use.
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. Company uses your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company; and
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
(a) Affiliates and Acquisitions.
(b) Other Disclosures.
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Company may disclose Personal Data in connection with any legal investigation and/or if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Company; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Company or users of the Services. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with as described above.
(c) Third Party Service Providers.
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our service providers as described above.
7. Third Party Websites.
8. Your choices regarding your personal data
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
- (i) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or the purchase of our Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(b) Changes to Personal Data.
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that Company cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes may happen.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION.
Pure Storage, Inc.
Attn: Web Support
650 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041-2055